Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

libra dba wrote:
continuing with the postgres replication using WARM STANDBY, what happens to
the wal_files which keeps on generating on the primary?

Do we have to manually remove them or they are removed automatically, once
they have been recovered on the warm standby?

Also a quick question, do we have to have a NFS for the wal_files, which
will be mounted on both the servers, or we can have folders on each server
and configure DRBD between them, so that whatever happens on one is copied
automatically on to the other.

Thanks!

This is what I use -- may not be the best approach, but it has worked quite well for me so far:

archive_command = 'gzip %p; rsync -av %p.gz -e \"ssh -p portNum -i /home/postgres/.ssh/id_dsa\" postgres@rhostname:/usr/local/postgresql/archives/recovery/%f.gz && rm -f %p.gz'

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend