Re: Stable Release?

I appreciate all your comments. I knew I'd be opening a kettle of fish with the question. I have been all over the postgres site but I didn't feel I got a straight -forward answer to my question. When I had read the docs and still didn't know the answer, I went to you guys for a definitive answer. Let me tell you why I want to know. The colleague I mentioned in my previous message is our Unix System Admin. He just built a new web-server. Our web is dependent on postgres for all it's database work. We may have a strange division of labor here. The sys admin makes the packages. I usually add them, but I don't support our web server. The Unix Admin told me that he was going to put 8.1 on the new server, he is building because that's the latest stable version and besides he doesn't want to build a new postgres package there. All of my machines that are running postgres have 8.2.4. I understood this to be a stable release and I've had no trouble with it. I was taken aback by this other information that my colleague had given me, hence the reason for my question.

Carol