Re: Database Loading

Hi,

Le mardi 19 février 2008, Carol Walter a écrit :
> I have to load a very large database.  Is there a command that can
> load data in bulk faster than the copy command does?

The next version of pgloader has been asked to implement some new parallel
backends importing data at once. The implementation of this is now done and
ready to get some tests, but still at a beta or release candidate status.

If you want to try it (and report about your tests?), here's the current
version of it:
 http://pgloader.projects.postgresql.org/dev/
 http://pgloader.projects.postgresql.org/dev/pgloader.1.html#_parallel_loading

Regards,