Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres

Mike Williams wrote:

> I have however found a "fix". We use hardened Gentoo everywhere, on all the
> 64bit Xen VMs and 64bit proper server (that does not crash!), but not the 8.1
> VM as that is a 32bit Centos install thrown together as a dev environment.
> Compiling postgresql non-hardened allows me to create any table I like, and
> throw a couple hundred meg of data and schema at it in one go.

I guess it would still be good to know why it crashes.  I think the
reason you're not getting a good backtrace is that you're attempting to
get it from the client process, which is not the guilty one here.  Same
for the ulimit setting: you have to apply it to the session running
postmaster, not psql.  The core file should be located in your "data"
directory.