Re: PITR and Failover

Brad Nicholson wrote:
Say I'm using pg_standby to feed wal files from database A into both
database B and database C.

At some point, I lose A, so I bring Database B up and start the wal
archiving from there.  Can I then continue streaming the wal files from
B into C, or do I need to take a new base backup from B and start C from
there?

You need another base backup from B. ISTM that's because server A and server B will be on different timelines when B will finish its restore process.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org