Re: no entry on pg_database for a live database

"Mark Steben" <msteben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have a live postgres database with 4 application tables.  I can access it
> through PSQL.
> But there is no record of this database on the PG_DATABASE catalog table.

Try vacuuming pg_database.

If that works, it means your routine vacuuming procedures need some
re-thinking, because they are missing (at least) pg_database.

> I'm running version 7.4.5.

You're doing yourself no favors by failing to update.  The current
release in that branch is 7.4.19.

			regards, tom lane