Re: pg recovery

Tom Lane wrote:
Bernhard D Rohrer <graylion@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I have a broken database and not much clue about postgres, sorry for the n00b questions :(

I think you've got a cross-version problem, as in the database is really
PG 8.0 or earlier but you're trying to run 8.1 against it.  What is in
the PG_VERSION file?  Have you done "pg_resetxlog -f", and if so do you
have the original pg_control file to put back?

			regards, tom lane

Hi Tom

I have not run "pg_resetxlog -f" on the pg_control file for which I posted the output of pg_resetxlog -n

as for the versions see for yourself:

root@collab:/home/adminlion# cat /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main/PG_VERSION
8.1
root@collab:/home/adminlion# cat /olddrive/var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main/PG_VERSION
8.1

/olddrive is the former raid drive that holds the database I am trying to restore.

thanks :)

Bernhard

--
Graylion's Fetish & Fashion Store
Goth and Kinky Boots, Clothing and Jewellery

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate