Re: Apache Logging to PostgreSQL

Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

Hello, I've been looking into having apache log to postgresql, and it isn't clear to me what the best way to set this up is. The options that I see so far are:

1) Apache Pipe Logging: This seems simple enough, but I'm not sure what tool I would as the logging process?

2) pgLOGd: This isn't actively maintained anymore and apparently doesn't work with PG8.x

3) pglogger: Hasn't been updated since 2004, don't know if it's production quality or not.

4) pglogger Apache Module:  Also hasn't been updated since 04.

Doesn't anyone have any experience / advice for me?
Here's an article that might interest you:

You can find it at: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/03/03/pg_datamining.html

Yeah, I came across this article already, but the thing that it doesn't address is the best way to get the log data into PG realtime, he does a manual import of the data which I don't want to do.

Hmm. Since you already know about Apache's Piped Logs, how hard is it to put it all together? Or are you looking for a pre-built solution? Don't blame you for not wanting to reinvent the wheel. Maybe someone else has a suggestion.

cheers,
HH

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Spam/Virus scanning by CanIt Pro