How to uses self query plan

Hello,

My purpose is to uses different query plan depending on queries
I got the following problem : some queries are taking too much time and postgresql does not take the most relevant index in account. I search on internet and found that no HINT function was available in postgresl. I tried to change indexes parameters in postgresql.conf but eache time I set a param to OFF (example nested_loop ,seqscan, ...) , some queries freeze database .

How can we force postgresql to use a plan ?

olivier