Re: Enhancement request

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

I am curious however, as to what the future vision of autovacuum is.
Will it be so efficient that it won't impact all but the busiest tables? Will it be able to figure out the best time to vacuum on its own?

I believe maintenance windows are on the horizon. Of course it seems that instead of focusing on that, we should just put in a generic job manager.

Will it stop itself mid-run if the need arises?

Man I would love this one... coupled with a just enough vacuum. E.g; it calculates a percentage it needs to vacuum, and only vacuums that much. Leaving dead tuples behind.

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster