Timing problem wtih pg_stat_activity

Please ignore my previous question - I should have read the documents first!

The answer is here:
"When using the statistics to monitor current activity, it is important to realize that the information does not update instantaneously. Each individual server process transmits new block and row access counts to the collector just before going idle; so a query or transaction still in progress does not affect the displayed totals. Also, the collector itself emits a new report at most once per PGSTAT_STAT_INTERVAL milliseconds (500 unless altered while building the server). So the displayed information lags behind actual activity. However, current-query information collected by stats_command_string is always up-to-date."

Regards
Donald Fraser

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster