Re: pg_hba.conf issue

From: Ritu Khetan <RKhetan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf issue
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:40:22 +0530

Hi friends,

We have a product with Postgres 8.1 integrated for installations on
Windows. The standard pg_hba.conf configuration going in the package is

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
#host    all         all         172.21.42.121/24               trust
host    all         all         172.21.51.56/24               trust

Move your entries from IPv6 to IPv4 block.

While this works at most of the locations, we have a peculiar error coming
up at 2-3 locations. The error reads:

Regards,
Ritu
Disclaimer :
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message (including any attachments) from your system without using, transmitting or storing it. Please also immediately inform the sender. E-mails are not secure and may suffer from errors, viruses, unauthorized interceptions / amendments. CRISIL and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for loss or damage caused by this e-mail and may monitor e-mail traffic.

               http://archives.postgresql.org

http://liveearth.msn.com