Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

Some ideas:
With Slony one the one of these server You can install paralell a "central" database and "slave". They can work on two database clusters with running two PostgreSQL instances (on two different ports).
Read the docs about dbmirror too (source tree - contrib/dbmirror).
You can make Your own replication using the module dblink (If You are using PostgreSQL compiled from sources, You have to change directory in source tree to contrib/dblink; read there all docs, compile and install; You have to remember to run script dblink.sql calling it from psql after "make install").
Adam

POLONKAI Gergely pisze: