Re: Auto vacuum

My pg_catalog.pg_autovacuum table contains no entries.

Carol Walter

On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Carol Walter wrote:
Robert,

I did as you suggested and the values for autovacuum are null,
therefore I'm guessing it isn't running. Since postgres reports that
it is running, what other things might keep in from running?

Too high thresholds? All tables disabled in pg_autovacuum? naptime set
too high?

I suggest you turn log_min_messages more verbose, to DEBUG2, and see if there are any entries in there regarding autovacuum. If it's running,
you would see it.  You would get a message after autovacuum_naptime
seconds.

How long is autovacuum_naptime anyway?

--
Alvaro Herrera http:// www.CommandPrompt.com/