Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'

Tom Lane wrote:
Hannes Dorbath <light@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Dieter Schicker wrote:
postgresql-8.2.3 on a system running debian stable with kernel 2.6.8-2-686
Any ideas?

No, but maybe an antiquated OS and up to date applications is not the best match. Debian stable is somewhere around PG 7.4.x.

But we were using SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb even in 7.4, and AFAICT
the function has existed in OpenSSL since 1999 or earlier.

I did some googling and found various people complaining of similar
build problems with completely Postgres-unrelated software that's using
OpenSSL, so it seems there's something a bit odd about that particular
function ... but I didn't find out what.

			regards, tom lane

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
Hehe, I would never ever do that, I swear! ;-)

First of all, thanks for your valuable answers!

Concerning the "antiquated OS": I think this is not the right place to discuss the antiquity (right word? - sorry my mother tongue is German) of an OS. Just one sentence: I have been in the business for 25 years now and I therefore prefer stability to "always-have-to-have-the-super-freshest-software". ;-) The reason why I break this self-imposed "rule" with postgres is that we use postgres (exclusively) for teaching database courses here at our institution and we need some functionalities that require version 8.x.

Tom, of course I did that googling, too before I dared to ask on this list. But all I found was questions, no answers. ;-) I will dig into that problem further and keep you informed if I find a solution.

Thanks and Cheers
Dieter