questions on multibyte

Hi all,

I am new to postgres. I have converted my current db from sql_ascii to unicode. I followed the instructions give by some site called moodle and it worked.

   I have some basic questions.

1) How will I insert multibyte from insert statement? I figured out a way to insert multibyte, but want general opinion.
2) I want the data to be transferred to warehouse.
3) I login to psql and do a select the multibyte. (I did a plain select). and push to a flat file so that the warehouse will upload. The data appread to be scatterd to multiple lines which I am not able to insert into my warehouse. How will display the multibyte chars from psql command line?
4) Do I need to install some modules or functions or any methods?

  Please advise.

Regards
skarthi
Podbridge Inc