Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database

Hi all,

  I've got a DB in production that is bigger than 2GB that dumping it
takes more than 12 hours. I have a new server to replace this old one
where I have restore the DB's dump. The problem is I can't afford to
have the server out of business for so long, so I need your advice about
how you'd do this dump/restore. The big amount of data is placed in two
tables (statistics data), so I was thinking in dump/restore all except
this two tables and once the server is running again I'd dump/restore
this data. The problem is I don't know how exactly do this.

  Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Arnau