Re: Change "shutdown time" was: Change "database system

> You'd have to modify pg_resetxlog to force that value into the sysid
> rather than whatever is there.  Hand-editing wouldn't work very well
> because of (a) the CRC on pg_control and (b) the need to copy the
> value into extant WAL segments.

Well, I ended up just using the pg_control file from the running
installation. The seemed to work in combination with pg_resetxlog but
now the restore is not working because the postmaster has a shutdown
timestamp of today's date and the recovery is thinking that it has
already recovered past the proper point in time. :(

Does anyone know how I can convince the postmaster to believe it was
shutdown at approximately the time the pg_dumpall happened?

Thank you all again for any assistance!

--
Joshua Colson <joshua.colson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
iNation, LLC