Re: Problem restoring with pg_dump

I'm sorry, but I have experiences only with LATNI2 and WIN1250 databases on PostgreSQL 8.0.3, 8.0.6, 8.0.7, 8.1.3 . I'm afraid, that without having Your SQL script file Your problem can be difficult to resolve.
Adam

Jessica Richard wrote:
can you please be more specific?

I used pg_dump db to dump the 8.0.8 unicode db, and used
psql db < dbdump to load the db to 8.1.4 server (on this version unicode becomes utf8) and got the error:

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92

thanks

*/Adam Radlowski <adamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    I had problems, like that. I've omitted them using "plain" format (SQL
    script file) of dump file. I restore data from "plain" format with psql
    - using command "\i FILE". It work always. If You gzip this "plain"
    file
    - You become simillar volume of file using binary dump format.
    Greetings
    Adam

    Peter Wilson wrote:

     >I posted this to 'general' yesterday but with no luck. This is
    probably a better
     >group.
     >
     >I've just got the following message while trying to restore a
    database :

     >pg_restore : [custom archiver] Dumping a specific TOC data block
    out of order is
     >not supported without ID on this input stream (fseek required).
     >
     >The command was :
     >pg_restore -L /tmp/toc --dbname=whitebeam --disable-triggers
    --username=postgres
     >/var/backups/restore-db.psql
     >
     >/tmp/toc is a re-orderd output from :
     >
     >pg_restore -l -a /var/backups/restore-db.psql > /tmp/toc
     >
     >Using Postgres 8.1.4 on
     >Linux version 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
     >
     >The dump itself was made on another machine running 8.1.4 on
    Fedora core 4.

     >I've run similar commands on this machine before with no problems.
    Not sure why