Re: postgres import

Achilleas informed You very good. But if Your SQL file comes from other DBMS, like MySQL, You have to a little bit to edit this file, becouse sometimes in those files are used "slangs" characteristical for specific DBMS. If You have SQL file genarated with "pg_dump", You have to be sure, that all needed roles (users, groups) are defined in Your destination database, when in SQL file You have GRANT or REVOKE.
Greetings
Adam

Antonios Katsikadamos wrote:

Hi all,
sorry again for the trouble. I have a small problem in postgres, I have a .sql file ( db dump ) and i want to import it in postgres on linux. does anyone know how to do it? Thnx a lot for your time

Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42973/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview>