Re: How can i test the installed ODBC-driver in WindowsXP

There is no test, like in MySQL, for example.
If You've installed the "datasource", I suppose, You know the database, server and other connection parameters. You have ony way - to use any application, what can use "datasources", for example Microsoft Office. If it's MS Proffesional (with MS Access), use MS Access and try to make links or import table/tables using this datasource. If MS Standard, use MS Excel capability to use datasources to import tables into spreedsheet. As I know, You can't to test it - the Open Office suite, becouse it does not use this technique "via Windows datasource", but normal ODBC or JDBC connections.
with greetings
Adam

Josef Springer wrote:

Hi folks,

i have installed Postgres 8.1 interfaces with the msi setup. I have configured in the systemcontrol 'Datasource' the ODBC driver/ PostgreSQL Uniciode/.
How can i test, wether the ODBC driver is working ?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Josef Springer
(Geschäftsleitung/Management)

Postal