Re: Instructions For Building On Windows?

Thanks for the information. I am now running into some compiling issues -- Please Help!!

I downloaded both MinGW and Msys onto my Windows system (running XP). I also downloaded and compiled OpenSSL source since I want to build Postgres with OpenSSL enabled.

I've read the FAQ link below: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html and read the INSTALL information.

When I run './configure --with-openssl --without-zlib --with-includes=c/mingw/include --with-libraries=c/mingw/lib', I am getting an error that it cannot find the header file <openssl/ssl.h>, even though it is located in C:\mingw\include\openssl\ssl.h. And two warnings saying that the Include directory and Library directory do not exist -- even though they do!:

$ ./configure --with-openssl --without-zlib --with-includes=c/mingw/include --with-libraries=c/mingw/lib
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking which template to use... win32
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... no
checking if gcc supports -Wendif-labels... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing
checking whether the C compiler still works... yes
configure: WARNING: *** Include directory c/mingw/include does not exist.
configure: WARNING: *** Library directory c/mingw/lib does not exist.
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

Thanks for your time and help!
-Jeanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>