Re: After how many updates should a vacuum be performed?

No, I mean vacuum analyze. I'll vacuum verbose and see about adjusting the fsm. Thanks.

Tom Lane wrote:

Ellen Cyran <ellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

We have a database that periodically we perform large updates, around
a million records, after that the vacuum will run for 12 hours without
completing. After that, I typically remove the 2 indexes and 1 constraint on the largest table, 7 million records, and the vacuum will complete in a couple of hours and the indexes can be recreated in a half hour.

By "vacuum" do you mean VACUUM FULL?  My advice is not to use that,
just plain VACUUM.  Don't forget to make sure your FSM is large enough,
too.

			regards, tom lane