PITR

Hi,

Every day I'm arguing with 3 or 4 people on this point.
My point is that I have to do a tarball, a tar command as part of online backup with postgresql v814. I keep saying that the reason we do a tarbal (online backup) and not individual dumps is that we want the PITR capability. I've been fighting so many people on this point I want to double check with the group that.

1. There is no way to do a PITR recovery from a dump file at one time during the day.
2. There is no way to do a PITR from SLONY1.

Does everyone agree with me on those points?

Thanks,
~DjK