Restoring dtabase problem

I am trying to restore a database from a pg_dump.
I have a problematic issue in that a few rows have a problem with UTF-8 encoding.
All of these rows are in a specific table.
Is there something I can run against the table which will validate the rows which have the bad data and delete the rows?

The database is quite large (8GB) and I was informed that it would be much faster to restore using the COPY method as opposed to the INSERT method.
Any and all assistance will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin