Re: [SQL] PostgreSQL server terminated by signal 11

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Daniel Caune wrote:

My PostgreSQL server running on a Linux machine is terminated by signal
11 whenever I try to create some indexes on a table, which contains
quite a lot of data.  However I succeeded in creating some other indexes
without having the PostgreSQL server terminated:

Daniel,

I would guess this is more appropriate for the -admin list so I cc'd it.

I think you are most likely running out of memory or running up against a ulimit on memory. I would first check my ulimit settings on the postgres user and see if they are a bit small.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954