Re: Restore Database

Yes!
I followed exactly that page to do.

Thanks

Scott Marlowe escreveu:

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 15:04, Alexander Burbello wrote:
Ok! Its a good tool, but for Production Database I think it is not recommended.
Only using pg_dump for the second backup plain.
Suppose that you backed up at 6:00am and at 9am happened a crash on the server.
In this case, I would lost data between that time, 3 hours of information.

For production databases, my plan is to do phisical backup including WAL.
If a crash happen, I can restore the datafiles and recover applying the WAL logs until the last file was generated.
As Oracle does in this type of crash.

My doubt is that I am not getting apply the WAL files on recover stage.

Any other suggestion?

You have read this section of the manual, right?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/backup-online.html

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq