Re: recover of data directory

tough luck .. could u query the unix groups and see if u could retrive the original filenames and directory structure ?.

On 5/29/06, Daniel Drotos <drdani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

During machine maintenance I've made 'rm -rf *' on postgres data
directory by a (very stupid) mistake. Postmaster was not running that
time.

Using e2undel I dumped out contents of deleted files (3728 files have
been deleted by that command). Because of "rm -r", sizes of recovered
directory files are 0, so I have no filenames and directory structure.

Is there any chance of recover data directory if only dumped file
contents are available?

Daniel

Best,
Gourish Singbal