Re: which is the best

Michael Fuhr escribió:

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:42:59AM +0700, slackman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now I have 3 database A,B,C is working in Interbase v 5.6,
but Interbas v 5.6 is no longger can hold what the client wants,
Sure ?
Before thinking to change the database, have you test firebird database ? visit "http://www.firebirdsql.org/";. I tested it two years ago on linux. Postgres offers me better things than Interbase/Firebird, but if you have a 5.6 Interbase database, perhaps you should try Interbase before, because it's the natural open source evolution of Interbase. You should investigate what you can loose and win when you change the database (application code, SQL queries, DB drivers, triggers, stored procedures, OS plataform, DB utilities and administation tools, etc), before doing it.

Luck.