Re: Creation date of postgres database

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:05:24PM +0530, Pradeep Sharma wrote:
> > Is there any way to get the date of creation of a database in Postgres?
> > Does postgres store this information in any system table.
>
> I'm not aware that the creation time is stored anywhere (except
> perhaps in query logs) but you might be able to infer it from the
> modification times of the oldest files in the database's directory.
> PG_VERSION looks like a good candidate -- the backend probably
> doesn't modify it after the database is created, so if nothing at
> the OS level has touched that file then its modification time should
> reflect the database's creation time.

Micheal,

Thanks for the reply. But I guess there is some communication gap between
me and you regarding this topic. As I understood from your reply is, you
are talking about the date of Postgres setup/installation/upgrade.

Am I right?

If I am right then sorry for the miscommunication. Please let me clarify
my question again.

Suppose I created a new database using the command:

CREATE DATABASE <database_name>

I want to know how can I get created date of the above database.

Thanks once again

--
Pradeep