Re: Random disconnects

In java, this big fat exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while
sending to the backend.
Call stack:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while
sending to the backend.
	at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:214)
	at
<snip>

	at websphinx.Worm.run(Crawler.java:1994)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable
<snip>

org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:187)
	... 9 more

But I think there might be some underlying problem and if so, i'd
like to know about it and fix it.
It seems to me that the JVM is having problems writing to the socket that connects to the postgres server with the "Network is unreachable" error being the cause. What's the connectivity from your clients to your database - localhost, same LAN, routed LANs, WAN, ...?

Even though the perl script says "This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request", I doubt that's what happened - more likely is you lost the network between them (but not if you were running on localhost, probably!).

Cheers,
Robin