Re: reg:conninfo

Sandhya,

If you use localhost you will be creating a UNIX domain socket. If you use the IP address you will create a TCP/IP socket.

Did you try running with -i yet? It doesn't mean accept remote connections, it means accept TCP/IP connection. Without it, you cannot connect to an IP address ...

Robin

sandhya wrote:

Thanks Robin.
What u said is right!
But my problem is i am not trying connecting from any remote client.

In my ConnectionInfo if i mention the host as,
host=localhost.The connection is successful.

But the same if i give my localsystem IP where my server is running..
host = 10.0.2.56(my localhost IP).
The Connection is failed.
Why is this so?Whether i need to give only localhost in my application (or)
why it is not accepting when i gave IP of the same system(When the entry of
this IP is already present in pg_hba.conf file)?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin Iddon" <robin@xxxxxxxxxx>