Re: [GENERAL] Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on PostgreSQL

Kevin Grittner wrote:
The Consolidated Court Automation Programs (CCAP) of the Wisconsin Court
System has migrated to PostgreSQL for all of its Circuit Court web
operations.  Eight production databases have been converted, six of them
around 180 GB each, holding statewide information replicated real-time
from 72 county databases.  The central copies support audit functions,
statewide statistics and report generation, and this web site:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/

Given the success of this effort, we expect to be converting the other
court databases to PostgreSQL.

Always good to hear. Two obvious questions:
1. Have you completed a case-study questionnaire (and if not, would you be prepared to?) 2. People on the advocacy lists occasionally get asked for quotes/interviewees by the press. Would you be up for this?

We've been very happy with both the performance of the product and the
support we have received from the mailing lists.  Overall, PostgreSQL
has been faster than the commercial product from which we converted. Even more important is the fast response we have had when posting problems to the lists. We have normally had a fix within 24 hours. Frankly, the support has been amazing.

You can spend more time on hold calling commercial vendors than it takes to get a patch with PostgreSQL :-)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd