postgresql-8.0.1/Solaris 9/Readline-5.1

Hello List,
I currently recompiled postgresql-8.0.1 for Solaris 9, with the --enable-thread-safety, to appease the install of Slony-I which worked wonderfully
I used the following configure line:

./configure --enable-thread-safety --without-readline

and the remainder of the defaults were fine.

I then, make all'd and make install'd. Slony-I was a successful build as well after pointing to the new library and include folders.

The issue I have is, that I actually want readline compiled in. This feature allows my command buffer to exist.

My 2nd round of compiling has a more lengthy ./configure line... no matter what I use and include, I can't get the configure script to work, UNLESS I specify --without-readline

I have the prebuilt 5.1 of readline from www.sunfreeware.com installed. I know where the lib and include directories are located and I'm including those with the correct command line options. I know, especially because I can get successful configures --with-perl and a few other options, where I also need to specify the lib and include folders for the features.

Has anybody seen an issue with compiling "readline" into postgresql-8.0.1? The pre-built postgresql-8.0.1 from sunfreeware works WITH readline, but doesn't have --enable-thread-safety.

Anyway, thanks in advance.  By the way, Slony-I is really cool!
begin:vcard
fn:louis
n:gonzales;louis
email;internet:louis.gonzales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx