Re: PGPASSWORD

Look at your pg_hba.conf file - your old configuration might have had a "trust" authentication set somewhere for your local machine/network IPs, rendering any password unnecessary.

Andy

Mr. Dan wrote:
Hi,

When I was running 8.0.X on linux, I didn't have to include the postgres -P password in my shell scripts(.sh). After I switched to 8.1.X, I've had to include the -P PASSWORD ****** in all my scripts. I'm thinking I'll just add PGPASSWORD as a postgres environment variable instead. I did start running 8.1.X on a port that is different from the default, so I added PGPORT as an environment variable, so I don't have to include -p PORT NUMBER. Has anyone else noticed they had to start including a password for the postgres user in 8.1.X? Is there any concern to adding PGPASSWORD as an environment variable.

Thanks for any feedback,
~DjK

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

!DSPAM:43fe0ff820151195621447!