Re: pg_dump - txt sql vs binary

Command I have used:
pg_dump.exe -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -F p -v -f "C:\test.sql" bicms_server

This will put in the output SQL file postgres functions also (not only those defined by me), for example:

CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler
    AS '$libdir/plpgsql', 'plpgsql_call_handler'
    LANGUAGE c;

CREATE TYPE tablefunc_crosstab_2 AS (
	row_name text,
	category_1 text,
	category_2 text
);

CREATE FUNCTION connectby(text, text, text, text, integer, text) RETURNS SETOF record
    AS '$libdir/tablefunc', 'connectby_text'
    LANGUAGE c STABLE STRICT;

ALTER FUNCTION public.connectby(text, text, text, text, integer, text) OWNER TO postgres;

...and many others.

Anyway, my question would be: if I have postgres 8.1.x installed on computer A and the same version of postgres installed on computer B, which would be your recommended way of backing up data on computer A and put it on computer B?

Regards, Ciprian