Re: support for using runas for pg

> Hi,
>
> I got a third party utility to run pgsql in non
> administrative users account and without prompting password.
> The utility providers ensure that the utility will work in
> NT. I used this utility for running pg8.1.1 and it shows me
> the following error with a prompt titled "ININTDB.EXE - DLL
> Initialization Failed" and the message "Initialization of
> Dynamic Link Library D:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.dll failed.
> The process is terminating abnormally". Before running this i
> had created new user named postgres without administrator
> rights. I tried by providing read & execute rights for the
> user postgres to Kernl32.dll, user32.dll & for the folder of
> pg that contains libraries and exe's. Then also it is showing
> the same error.

Does it work when you use runas (I know this is not a permanent solution
for you, but as a part of the debugging). IIRC, you said it did and the
problem was just that runas prompted for password - but was this on the
samme machine?

If it does work with runas, then you have a bug in the third party
program you're using, and you need to take it up with them.

//Magnus