Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

ITS ONT Alcazar, Jose Aguedo C wrote:
Anyone!

Before anything else, I have no background in PostgreSQL. But I have a
little knowledge in Linux. We used postgreSQL to run one of our website. It
runs in Redhat Linux 7.3. Our System Administrator, who used to maintain
this server, had resigned and didn't have a proper documentation on how to
maintain this server. Right now, our NEW System Administrator is clearing
some logs in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog in able to free some space in the
/var file system. It used to work before, but now, its not working anymore.
Information below is the message we are encountering when we are trying to
connect to the website. Please, ANYONE, help us!

We've seen reports of people firing this particular foot-gun before, haven't we? Would it make sense to rename pg_xlog to something that doesn't sound like it's "just" full of log files? Eg pg_wal - something where the half-educated will have no idea what it is, and therefore not think they know what they can do with it.

Tim