Database Corruption

Hello to all, it's my first mail in this group ...

I have a problem with a database 8.0.4 (installed on a Windows XP), yesterday during startup my windows-xp generate an error message and postgresql service don't start more. I try to start service manually but nothing, appare a message that say that service could not start. So i done a phisical copy of the directory containing the postgresql (binary and database) i uninstall postgres binary and reinstall all using the same directory without creating first database cluster ... and again nothing ... so i deinstall again all ... delete all files including databases and install all again and now all ok ... So now the question ... it's possibile to recover my database starting from a filesystem phisical copy ?

Thanks to all in advance
Fabio

      match