Re: Replication Solutions for PostgreSQL Master to Slave

Kirby Ubben wrote:

We have installed a product called Quasar for accounting needs at our
company, which is back ended by PostgreSQL. It is a requirement that
the database is replicated, real time, to a secondary machine and
PostgreSQL database, in case of failure of the first.
You are looking for synchronous replication as opposed to async?

Currently i have Slony working, but am not satisfied with how it
accomplishes replication, or it's interface, and am curious what
others are using to accomplish replication?
Well, the two main projects that people are using are:
Slony-I (Async, master/slave)
PgPool (sync, load balancing possibilities)

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology COnsulting
begin:vcard