Re: Integration PostgreSQL with Oracle.

Alfredo Rico wrote:

Hi friends, greetings :-)
Please apologize by my bad english, I speak sapnish.

This question that I'll do could be a little difficult because I'm award that it should be very especific, although I'm looking for a first guide or directive in ordert to solve this dilemma.

I'm developing a Java-Web Software using PostgreSQL for a company in which I work.

One of the requirements is, using whatever mechanism (external to my Java-Web develop) to establish an interaction/integration/communication from my PostgreSQL database toward an Oracle Database already existents and in a production state inside the company,

Look into DBI-Link by David Fetter. It requires Perl, DBI, DBD::Oracle to make it work. That would give you real-time communication between PostgreSQL and Oracle...

Another option would be to write a simple Perl client, using the NOTIFY framework, etc. to create a replication solution.

Does that make sense?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting