Re: postmaster blues after system restart

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:

The very odd thing is that if I use this same init script manually once the box is up to stop/start postgres, everything comes up roses.

You could post your init script for us to look at, but my first question is this: Is postgresql actually running after the box gets into multi user mode? If not, I'd look at paths and permissions. Does anything show up in the logs to indicate why it might have failed? Is the script atttempting to start it as the incorrect user perhaps?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954

      match