Re: archive_command

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Simon Riggs wrote:

If I follow your example, yes. But that assumes there is only one
timeline's WAL files in your pg_xlog. It could get more complex in that
situation because you could be in any of the timelines.

But, if you know which timeline you're in, then yes, the file after the
latest file in archive_status is the current WAl file.

It might be interesting to submit your script to put into contrib?

So, actually, my script is probably doing things incorrectly at the moment. What effect would the different timelines create? In my client's case there is only one timeline, but I'd love to generalize the script so we can put it in contrib, but first I'd like to make sure it actually works properly. :-)

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954

      match