Re: Postgresql 8.0.3, symbolic link to /var/lib/pgsql/data/base

Jeffrey Tenny <jeffrey.tenny@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It's clearly selinux though.  If I do this:
> 	/usr/sbin/setenforce 0
> Then everything works peachy for my testing.

OK, that's pretty conclusive as to the source of the issue.

> It's interesting that there are no permission denials
> logged in /var/log/messages, but postgresql
> says it can't access /var/lib/pgsql/data/base
> because permission is denied (in the postgres log).

I've run into this more than a few times myself.  What I've been told
when I complained about it is "that's normal because selinux log
messages are rate-limited to avoid inflating the log files too much".
Which is plausible in itself, but rate-limiting to zero is not helpful.
Feel free to file another gripe in Red Hat's bugzilla.

			regards, tom lane

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq