Re: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

I have successfully moved the schema over to PostgreSQL.

Now I am working on the data.

In reviewing my tables, I found that for some strange reason a handful of fields are not double-quoted. Strange quirk:

-- Table: "Orders"

-- DROP TABLE "Orders";

CREATE TABLE "Orders"
(
 "OrderID" int4 NOT NULL,
 "CustomerID" int4 NOT NULL,
 "DateCreated" timestamptz,
 "TotalPrice" numeric(19,4),
 "ShipAddressID" int4,
 "ShipDate" timestamptz,
 "ShippingMethod" varchar(50),
 "sfrepID" varchar(50),
 "StatusID" int4,
 "TrackingNumber" varchar(50),
 ponumber varchar(50),      <--------------HERE
 "Comment" char(254),
 "sfOrderNumber" varchar(50),
 "UpdateDate" timestamptz
)
WITH OIDS;
ALTER TABLE "Orders" OWNER TO postgres;

What to make of this strangeness?

Ben Kim wrote:

Here's my 2 cents.

If you have access to DTS in SQL Server 2000, it will be one convenient
solution for simple transfer.

It's a matter of creating a new task, defining the SQL Server database as
source and PostgreSQL database as destination, and clicking through. There
will be some mismatches in data types, but you can convert data using
scripts inisde the DTS task on the fly.

Regards,

Ben Kim
Developer
College of Education Texas A&M University