Problem with the compilation and running of postgresql

Hello,

I have the folowing problem.
The hard discks on the hosting machine, where was our web site, crashed 3 days ago. They have managed to recover all the files from data directory and they have sended them to me. I have installed on my test machine (Slackware 10, Kernel: 2.4.26) PostgreSQL 7.3.9, the same that they have used, but when i copied the data directory and tried to start posgresql I recieved the following error: PANIC: The database cluster was initialized with LC_COLLATE 'en_US.iso885915',
       which is not recognized by setlocale().
       It looks like you need to initdb.
Aborted

As long as I know I have to put some key in configure command. I have tried with |--enable-nls and ||--enable-recode, but that just did not work.|
Cann you please tell me, how cann I make this work.

Best regards,
Martin Nikolov.

P.S. Sorry for my terrible English.