Re: restoring wal archive and pg_xlog dir

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

And here's one other question..is it safe to ignore the: pgsql_tmp directories
when doing the base backup?

Yes, those are used only by running backups, but they should have little
disk space in them.

Bruce,

Thanks! I actually ask not because of disk space concerns, but because rsync occassionally reports that these files disappear out from under the running rsync process, and so I was thinking I'd rather just exclude them if they are not required as I want my pitrbasebackup script to return 0 if rsync is successful.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954