Re: IMPORTANT: two new PostgreSQL security problems found

I put together a little Perl script (which assumes proper installation of both DBI and DBD::Pg and that template1 exists) that takes care of the character conversion vulnerability:

http://www.sitening.com/postgresql-update-2005-1

I've run this on my development servers, and it seems to have had the anticipated effect, but, as always, more eyeballs help. If anyone notes any potential showstoppers, I'll gladly update the script.

I don't have tsearch2 installed anywhere, so I didn't bother with that, but this script could probably be easily modified to address that vulnerability.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect