Re: file system backup of postgresql db onto another installation

On Apr 14, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Giovanni Gualdi wrote:

"Could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server [version # inserted here]
service on local computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
error or an internal service error.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

I've no idea what could cause the problem, but looking on the net i found that it could be a bug of the beta releases of postgres. Anyway, i tried to turn of as many services as i could from my server, but it's still impossible to run the postgresql service.

Look in the pg_log folder inside your data directory. The latest log file might give a better clue as to why the database server won't start.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL