Re: [GIT PULL -perfbook] Add checks with regard to punctuation marks

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 11:59:42AM +0900, Akira Yokosawa wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> It took a while for me to sort out the spacing width after punctuation
> marks.

Thank you very much for doing all of this!

> Previous updates took care of mid-sentence and end-of-sentence
> periods.
> It turns out that we need to care other punctuation marks in the
> same way.  My experiment shows that "!", "?", and ":" behaves in the
> same way as ".".
>
> For cleverefcheck to work, we need to make sure end-of-sentence
> punctuation marks be at the end of input lines, so periodcheck.pl
> now treats "!" and "?" in the same way as ".".
>
> cleverefcheck now checks sentences starting with lower-case words
> as well as \cref{} and its variants.
>
> It also checks indents by white spaces now.
>
> All the offending patterns in LaTeX sources have fixed.
>
> Finally "make" will run both periodcheck and cleverefcheck.

Very good!!!

> As for colons, I'm not sure what is your preference with regard
> to capitalization of the next words and the spacing width after
> them, so no check is done at the moment.
>
> If you have some preference, I can update the scripts to enforce
> it.

In this case, I prefer the simple British approach to that of my
homeland, so please unconditionally capitalize after a colon.

(Instead of the American approach of doing so only if the word following
the colon begins a complete sentence, which is not something I want to
be checking manually, let alone via a script!)

>         Thanks, Akira
> --
> The following changes since commit a20cf5ebd8605d93bb35876a26907fe294278eb8:
>
>   defer: Fix lack of rcu_register_thread() in singleton_reader() (2021-06-08 14:58:10 -0700)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   https://github.com/akiyks/perfbook.git tags/for-paul-2021.06.09a
>
> for you to fetch changes up to f70493ae24172bb73ce4a0560d4c1f958baedd51:

Pulled and pushed, thank you!

							Thanx, Paul

>   styleguide: Adjust cleveref macro usage where possible (2021-06-09 11:28:50 +0900)

> Akira Yokosawa (11):
>       cleverefcheck: Add check of sentences starting with lower-case words
>       periodcheck: Check question and exclamation marks as well
>       formal/dyntickrcu: Fix unintended paragraph break
>       memorder: Move float snippet away of QQA heading
>       treewide: Annotate punctuation marks
>       treewide: Make end-of-sentence punctuation marks be at end-of-line
>       debugging: Move period out of double quotes
>       cleverefcheck: Add check of indent by white spaces
>       treewide: Fix indents by white spaces
>       Makefile: Auto run cleverefcheck on 'make'
>       styleguide: Adjust cleveref macro usage where possible
>
>  Makefile                             |  2 ++
>  SMPdesign/partexercises.tex          |  3 +-
>  advsync/rt.tex                       |  6 ++--
>  appendix/styleguide/styleguide.tex   | 23 +++++++-------
>  appendix/toyrcu/toyrcu.tex           |  4 +--
>  appendix/whymb/whymemorybarriers.tex |  2 +-
>  count/count.tex                      |  6 ++--
>  cpu/overheads.tex                    |  2 +-
>  datastruct/datastruct.tex            |  2 +-
>  debugging/debugging.tex              | 44 ++++++++++++++------------
>  defer/defer.tex                      |  2 +-
>  defer/rcuapi.tex                     |  4 +--
>  defer/rcurelated.tex                 |  2 +-
>  defer/rcuusage.tex                   |  2 +-
>  defer/whichtochoose.tex              |  2 +-
>  easy/easy.tex                        |  3 +-
>  formal/dyntickrcu.tex                |  2 +-
>  formal/ppcmem.tex                    |  2 +-
>  formal/spinhint.tex                  | 12 +++----
>  locking/locking.tex                  |  4 +--
>  memorder/memorder.tex                | 20 ++++++------
>  together/refcnt.tex                  |  2 +-
>  toolsoftrade/toolsoftrade.tex        |  9 +++---
>  utilities/cleverefcheck.pl           | 61 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
>  utilities/cleverefcheck.sh           |  1 +
>  utilities/periodcheck.pl             | 28 ++++++++++++-----

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]